Important Announcement for Geroskipou residents and visitors
Due to the coronavirus spread in Cyprus and in compliance with the measures announced by the Ministry of Health, Geroskipou Municipality, kindly request their residents and visitors who have have visited areas where there is evidence of active community infection – Category II areas, according to the following cataloque of affected countries as published by the Infectious Disease Surveillance Unit of the Ministry of Health- within the last 14 days, to follow the advice outlined below.
Category I: Compulsory isolation under medical supervision (quarantine) at home, if possible, or at premises managed by the Ministry of Health
– Hubei province, China
– Republic of Korea
Category II: Compulsory isolation at home, or at premises managed by the Ministry of Health for 14 days under telephone supervision. Avoid close contact and travel, maintain basic hygiene rules, monitor and report symptoms with the Coronavirus call centre at 1420
– China (excluding Hubei province)
– Hong Kong
– Greece (Achaea, Elis and Zakynthos areas)
– United Kingdom
Category III: Self-monitor and in case symptoms occur, contact the Coronavirus call centre at 1420. Adhere to basic hygiene rules, restricting travel unless absolutely necessary
– Greece (excluding Achaea, Elis and Zakynthos areas)
- Limit your movements
- Avoid unnecessary movements of travel.
- If you need to move, do not use a bus or a taxi.
- Avoid contact with other persons
- Maintain at least 1 meter of distance from other people.
- Do not go to your workplace or school.
- Do not go to crowded public places (cinemas, bars, coffee shops) and events (parties in enclosed areas), unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Try to avoid visits to homes; it is better to be in open areas with natural ventilation.
- Avoid visits to hospitalized patients or care homes and rehabilitation centres.
- Comply with basic rules of hygiene
- Perform frequent careful handwashing with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid sharing items with others.
- Self-monitor for symptoms.
- Daily temperature checks are advised.
If you develop any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, then stay at home and immediately contact the direct 24-hour call line, Central Ambulance Calls Control, at 1420 and inform them of your symptoms and your recent travel.
The above measures are considered essential for reduction of the spread of the virus in the community. Application of these measures is strictly the responsibility of the person who has received these instructions and it depends on his/her maturity and conscience.
Geroskipou Municipality, informs their residents that bill payments are accepted online through JCC. For any assistance, please contact the Finance Department at 26961424, 26961427 or 26961516.